Outland Sponsorship Canada
One of the major problems faced by immigrants is separation from their families. Canada’s family reunification is reuniting migrant families with attractive streams for spouses, partners, and dependents of permanent residents of Canada.
IRCC has introduced a new stream under family reunification, aiming to make it possible for more families to be together. The outland sponsorship allows a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to sponsor their spouse or common-law partner for Canadian permanent residence, regardless of where they are currently living. Since Canada is very much committed to the family reunification program, applications are processed within 12 months. Spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners, and dependent children over 18 years old are included in this category.
Even though this program was designed for sponsored individuals living abroad, applicants residing in Canada can also apply for outland spousal sponsorship, as it may enable them to travel in and out of Canada while their application is being processed.
Eligibility Requirements for Outland Sponsorship Canada
To be eligible for the outland sponsorship, both the sponsor and sponsored partner are required to meet the following eligibility criteria.
- The sponsor must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Both the sponsor and sponsored person must be at least 18 years of age.
- The sponsored person is an applicant who has submitted a permanent residence application as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada or as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner under the family class that has been accepted for processing by IRCC.
- The sponsor must not have sponsored a spouse in Canada in the five years preceding the submission of their application.
- Neither spouse must be in prison, charged with a serious offense, or bankrupt.
Process of Outland Sponsorship Canada
The process consists of multiple stages including:
- eligibility verification
- gathering supporting documentation
- completing necessary forms
- submitting them to the appropriate visa office.
The sponsoring Canadian citizen or permanent resident needs to apply, while the foreign spouse or partner must apply for permanent residence.
No need to meet the Minimum Necessary Income (MNI)
Another advantage of the outland sponsorship Canada is that the program does not require the sponsor to meet the Minimum Necessary Income (MNI) to be eligible for the program if they are sponsoring their spouse or their dependent children.
For any inquiries or concerns about outland sponsorship Canada and family reunification, feel free to reach out to Matrixx Overseas. Stay updated with the latest Canada news by visiting our website and exploring the latest articles.